Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Wanna earn some brownie points?

These chewy, moist brownies are some of the goodies I bake at home. They're some of MDK's fave goodies. And apparently, they are his friends' as well.

Chewy Brownies

After school, the boys (MDK and his friends) usually hang out at our place. And y'all know what it's like with growing boys. They love to munch.

I love to bake. And I love seeing a clean container after the boys devour what's in there.

It took awhile for me to find a 'perfect' brownie recipe. I used to just buy the premixed ones although it's also a hit-and-miss finding the right mix, aside being a tad expensive.

I'm sharing another recipe I found in the AllRecipe site. I tell you, that website is a treasure trove. And like any recipe I learned, I tweaked it.

So here's the original recipe:

Ingredients

* 2 cups sugar
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/3 cup baking cocoa
* 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 cup vegetable oil
* 4 eggs
* 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 cup chopped nuts
* confectioners' sugar

Directions

  1. In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder.
  2. Combine oil, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla.
  3. Add to dry ingredients. Fold in nuts if desired.
  4. Spread in a greased 13-in.x 9-in.x 2-in. baking pan. 
  5.  Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-27 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
  6. Dust with confectioners' sugar while warm if desired.

Source: http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/chewy-brownies/Detail.aspx

Here are my tweaks:
  • I use 1 1/2 cups sugar. I find 2 cups is too much especially if I add some white choco pieces.
  • I replace the corn syrup with honey. It's what we have in our pantry.
  • I put walnuts. I find it's the perfect nut to go with chocolates.
  • If you want to be a bit indulgent (which I usually am), add a cup of chocolate bits. If it eases the guilt, you can use the dark or semi-sweet ones. I used white for this batch as they're more photogenic hahaha.

2 comments:

  1. You are my Pastry Chef Extraordinaire! Hello Bel!
    `Zeetz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Z, coming from you, that's quite something. thank you.

    ReplyDelete